I haven't blogged for so long...and it shows. It seems like we have been busier than we have ever been in our lives, but I couldn't pin down just one thing that we are doing. It must be the combination of all of us. So to recap the last little while...
I got new dishes.
I only mention this for those of you who know that a paralyzing decision this has been for me. I must have thought I would be living with dishes for the next 50 years--that's how hard it was for me to decide. I have been carrying cash around in my purse for probably 12 months now--set aside just to buy dishes. I found a service of 12--no stress for the kids who break the new ones, and now we actually have enough matching ones to have people over to dinner. Hurrah!
The last weekend in May we went to Logan and helped Dad put new shingles on his roof. It was so fun to be there with a common purpose and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever to be up on the roof. Annie says she laid over 200 shinges herself. They got it all done in one weekend--except for the little part that Grandpa didn't trust us with. Lucky for him, he also had strong men to help him dig out his sprinkler system blow out--but a holiday weekend that no one was open to sell parts--so we didn't feel too bad this time when we had to go home becuase Grandpa actually had to shut off the water to the house!! We took some pictures, but they are on Grandma' camera--we'll have to see if we can get copies to post.
School is out!
The day after school was out, we packed up for an overnight reunion in Albion Idaho. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with great family and yummy food in a beautiful location. We stayed at Campus Grove, which used to be a college and they are working on restoring it. We stayed in the old dormitory. Two of the big highlights were the banana bikes and driving over to City of Rocks. IF you don't know what City of Rocks is, it was worth the drive--it was amazing!
Those little specks are Jon & Emma...
Josh was the first to try it--with those great climbing shoes he had on...
Annie...and her long spider legs...
And Jake...
Well, although this is long, I haven't written about Jake & soccer--Josh & baseball, our yard projects, the chilly weather, the snowie, and everything else in between--Another day, another story!!
Annie...and her long spider legs...
Many, many, many thanks to Greg & Megan for taking us rock climbing--with all the ropes & gear. I'm only sad that I didn't try it out--all the more reason to take a trip down south so Meg & Greg can take us climbing near their house.
Once we got back, Ann was ready for her summer hair cut. She found some pictures and this year got a styled cut rather than a big trim. I think it makes her look much older than it should.
Once we got back, Ann was ready for her summer hair cut. She found some pictures and this year got a styled cut rather than a big trim. I think it makes her look much older than it should.
0 comments:
Post a Comment