Monday, January 30, 2012
the rites of passage
It seems, these days, that to become a true teenager, you have to spend some time with the metal in your mouth. I'm so used to seeing her with these braces on, that I've forgotten that they are there. She started with a month's worth of an appliance (I forget the name of it) to work on fixing her bite, and then they added the top set of braces. In a year, they will take out the appliance and add the lower set of braces. The best part was that when she went to school, and showed her friends all the metal in there, one of her friends said..."You have a robot in your mouth!!" I've heard the dental people say that it doesn't make a difference if you kids suck their thumbs, or have a pacifier--but I'm not convinced..the only one of my kids whose teeth look good, is the one who refused both his thumb and a binkie. So, if your kids use either, start saving for your orthodontic bills that are sure to come later on!
Posted by Stacey at 9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment