Friday, October 24, 2008

How Embarassing...


I know we've all had one of those experiences where we do something really stupid, and it comes back to haunt us in an embarassing sort of way (kind of like walking along the edge of a dock, and falling off while fully clothed, in front of a lot of people!). Well, Annie experienced one of those "embarassing moments" today.

When she got out of the shower, she had some red smudges around her face, particularly her mouth and chin. I asked her what she'd put on her face.
"Nothing mom"
"Well, did you have a bloody nose in the shower"
"Nope"
"Then what is all over your face?"

She looked in the mirror for a few minutes and couldn't figure it out, and then it started to dawn on her. She smiled,
"Mom, last night, I put that soap, y'know the foamy stuff, on my face and I pretended like I was shaving."

Word to the wise, that foaming hand soap really is for hands, not faces. That soap had irritated her skin, and her face had turned pink where she had decided to "shave". Luckily she took it in stride, and by the time she left for school her pink goatee wasn't too noticeable, although her wonderfully sensitive mother couldn't stop laughing every time she looked at her 9 year old daughter who had decided to pretend to "shave" her face with foaming hand soap.

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

He He! That is a good one!