Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

In honor of Mother's Day, I did a little quiz with my kids (I saw it on someone else's blog). I thought I would share their answers...

What is something your mom always says to you?
Annie - Clean your room
Josh - Do your chores
Jake - make your bed.

What makes mom happy?
a- When Leah smiles at mom.
j- when I do my dishes.
j- When I hustle for school, so I don't miss the bus.

What makes mom sad?
a- When the brothers misbehave.
j- not being nice to her.
j- when you don't hustle, and your a slowpoke.

What makes mom laugh?
a- Annie's crazy dance
j- doing funny things.
j- when you do something funny

What was your mom like as a child?
a- i don't know (laughing at the thought of it, i guess)
j- a girl
j- a girl
(for the record, i asked them this question seperately--they still said the same answer)

How old is your mom?
a- 32
j- 31
j- 20, i don't know?

How tall is your mom?
a- 5 foot something?
j- 5 foot 8 (I wish!!)
j- taller than me

What is your moms favorite thing to watch on TV?
a- Dancing with the STars
j- American Idol
j- Animal Planet, maybe Survivor

What does your mom doe when you're not around?
a - Read...Sleep
j- clean the house
j- take vacations

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
a- playing piano
j- dancing with the stars
k- to be a rockstar

What is your mom really good at?
a- caring for me
j- making food for dinner
j- making cookies

What does your mom do for her job?
a- a mom
j- helps Leah & Emma
j- make her bed, brush her teeth, and do dishes on Saturday & Sunday

What's your mom's favorite food?
a- ice cream
j- stuffed shells
j- chicken, milk & rolls (this was accompanied by a sly smile saying, " I have lost interest in this little game")

What makes your proud of your mom?
a- 5 siblings
j- ???
j- to help m figure out problems
(obviously, they didn't quite understand this question??)

If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?
a- Minnie Mouse
j- Daphne (this was a close second to Scooby Doo, after I disqualifed him letting me be a dog!)
j- Inez on CyberChase

What do you and your mom do together?
a- shop
j- homework
j- homework

How are you and your mom the same?
a- brown eyes
j- we're not tall
j- black hair

How do you know your mom loves you?
a- she cares for me- buys me clothes
j- she gives me food
j- she helps me

What does your mom like most about your dad?
a- he's strong
j- he helps with the baby
j- he helps mom move stuff

Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
a- Baskin Robbins
j- Baskin Robbins
j- Disneyland

This was fun to do with my kids--I now know that they know how much I like ice cream (it's really true, ice cream is a weak spot for me), I guess I like Jon for his muscles, not his kisses, my kids must not hear me tell them every morning as they leave for school that I love them, and obviously my boys have forgotten about all the catch we played together last week, although my neighbor noticed and commented on it. Anyway you say it though, I love my kids, and I love being their Mom. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there--hope you had a good one!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

This was so fun to read. I laughed all the way through it. Such a cute thing to have forever. Made me wish I could make eli answer these questions too! They sure do know a lot about you, they do notice you! :))) Love you - you are a great mom!

mstokes said...

How fun to read. I remember once they told me that you and Jon don"t really kiss anymore - because you have kids now!