
Josh finally talked his mom into letting him play flag football this year. I wasn't so sure...football is not something I want my boys getting into...mostly because I don't want them to play it when they are older. I can't imagine what it will feel like sitting on the sidelines and watching my boys hit and be hit by other boys!! Anyway, that's beside the point of this story...
Josh got to play flag football...and he played on a great team. They practiced long, and hard, and their coaches were so patient. It was so fun to have him come home with his "Top Secret Play Book". He had such excitement every time he went to practice. Each of the boys got assigned a couple of positions to learn...Josh got to play safety and a little on the line for defense and on offense, he was right running back. (Although I've learned the names of those positions, don't quiz me to much becuase I don't really know what that means). We did play some football as a family in the backyard, and worked on getting those flags. The first couple of games I wondered if he knew what he was doing, but the improvement he made over the weeks was huge. He had some great runs, and scored a few touchdowns. All in all it was a great season, and a really great experience.
I overheard him talking on the phone just before his last few games to his Aunt Megan and he was telling her about football and the games. It was the best when he said to her, "And our team is not defeatable!!" They did have an undefeated season, they had one other team that was really close--a nailbiter, but they pulled it together. It was fun for Josh to be on a winning team. We are really glad that he played.
And he is too. One evening after one of his games, he was sitting at the table trying to get his homework done. He was frustrated, basically because he didn't want to do the homework. In his frustration, after listening to his parents tell him to focus, he pounded the table and said, "I'm just trying to concentrate on being good at football right now!".
Friday, October 16, 2009
We're not defeatable!
Posted by Stacey at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment