Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween

Okay a few days late, but around here...I guess we are lucky to get it at all! I wanted to share a few of our photos...

We had Annie the Gypsy--oft mistaken for pirate. She loved her jangly scarf--and even got to wear a touch of make up. It was the first year for her to go trick-or-treating with her friends. And that was a big step for her parents to allow her to go without them!!

There's Josh the Jailbird. The only stipulation with this costume was that he didn't get to wear anything like it when he gets older. We don't want him feeling too comfortable with the idea of actually being a jailbird. I have to pat myself on the back for this costume though...I made it! I sewed in the sleeves, used snap-tape (which I had never done before) and ALL the stripes matched up!! I would have like to sewn a hat, but just plain ran out of time. ;(. Please note the completely filled tric-or-treat bucket. This kid has literally been on a sugar high for the past 3 days.

Jake the "Karate-guy" and that is officially karate guy--not a ninja. We had this "karate" top in our dress up box, and I was thankful. This was a great costume becuase it was easy...we just made him some pants and he was set, comfortable and easily was warm for Halloween night. Thankfully, we once again had great weather for trick-or-treating. No snow, rain, wind, or freezing temperatures--Amazing for Idaho!! Jake said the funniest thing as he was sorting his candy and that was that he couldn't wait to start taking his candy for his desert in his cold lunch to school! I'm not sure that he has eaten all that much of his bucket. He might just have candy to spare at Valentine's Day!

Emma was the cutest ladybug! I was worried that she wouldn't let us put a costume on her and I think we were lucky that this one was pretty inobtrusive. She did the trunk or treat at Grandpa & Grandma Maughan's ward, and then just up and down our street. After Jon brought her home, she was completely happy to hand out candy to all the other trick-or-treaters. Actually she would stand in the doorway waiting for them, often with candy in hand, yelling for them to come up to the house. She was SO fun this night. All smiles, running and jumping around, laughing, being silly, not like our usual stoic Emma...but I will admit I absolutely loved it.

And here is our content and happy Spider named Leah. She was so content to be taken wherever we went and she just took it all in. We are soo lucky that she is such a happy little girl. It will be fun next year to see her get excited for candy. She didn't know what she was missing!


There you have it...our Halloween in a nutshell. Happy Haunting!!

1 comments:

Karla said...

All the kids look darling....and I am totally impressed with your sewing skills. I saw those stripes all matched up with my own eyes. Kudos to you!!