Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All In A Week

I was thinking yesterday about the past 7 days here at our house...

*4 doctor's visits

*1 almost hospital stay

*1 breathing treatment

*2 prescriptions

*4 ear infections (maybe 5 - Josh is complaining now)

*2 confirmed cases of RSV, and probably 2 unconfirmed (those older kids bring such yucky germs home from school!!)

*1 bout of stomach flu (keeping our fingers crosses since no one else has got it yet!)

*2 days of missed school

*7 (plus a few) nights of inturrupted sleep and going on a few more as I think the little ones are waking now because it's become a habit!

But on the bright side of things...
*I am so thankful for great doctors who wanted to do the best things for my girls. I am so thankful for the medical technology and knowledge that we have available at our fingertips. People used to die from things like this!!

* I am grateful for antibiotics. Medicine is a wonderful thing. It was amazing to see Emma perk up almost exactly after 24 hours of starting her medicine!

*I am grateful for prayer. I know that Leah would not have made the quick recovery that she did if not for the prayers that family offered in her behalf. Thank you.

* I am grateful for all that family and friends who called and offered help and meant it! I am grateful for all the people who called just to see how we were doing.

* I am grateful for all the people who put up with my calls as I wasn't leaving the house and just needed someone to talk to about anything.

*I am grateful that my kids are all feeling better and that the illnesses that they had are temporary. I know that there are those who always feel sick. Being sick reminds me of how nice it is to have good health and strong bodies.

*I am grateful to see smiles on the faces of my kids, twinkles in their eyes, and laughter in my home. It means that they are feeling better. We've had our days of stress, and sickness, and mom feeling tense, and okay, a bit grouchy. It feels good to be coming out from under that cloud!

Here's to a better week - it's already started out that way!!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

lucky that the next day always comes....sometimes in the morning I wake up and think I can't wait until tomorrow it will be better. (That is bad I am always wishing my life away) Hang in there!

mstokes said...

I knew it was bad, but when you put it down in writing - it's surprising your still alive! Thank heavens for health insurance!