Sung to the tune "Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime?"
Revised: 2010 by Stacey
Oh, what do you do in the wintertime,
When all the sky is gray?
Do you climb back in bed,
pull the covers to your head,
and wish you could sleep all the day?
Oh I just want to be warm ---
for once today!
This is usually a hard time of year for me. I usually end up a little stir-crazy, with cabin fever and a little depression mixed in. Who wouldn't? If you were here, with no end in sight to the cold, snow & ice you would probably feel the same. My days go a bit like this:
*potty training a 2 year old
*chasing a crawling-almost-one-year-old
*cleaning up after the aforementioned potty-training-two year old
*continually digging paper out of the crawling-almost-one-year-old's mouth because she can now get to the garbage cans, and anything else that the two-year-old--and her older siblings leave out--even though they have been warned. And this youngest one puts everything, and I mean everything, in her mouth.
*Reading, Reading, and more reading--or trying to at least--there's kids that think they need to be entertained! There are a lot of good books right now!
*Priming headboards and footboards--with bases and drawers soon to come--and then it's on to the paint! (which I can't decide--navy blue or black??) Jon is doing a great job with this project--more to come later!
*My disbelief at the ice covered trees, bushes and anything else that is outside--that hasn't melted or changed for 2 days now! I feel this everytime I look out a window. It does look kind of cool (in more ways than 1), but it's depressing to think about how cold it is!
*I get to listen to the chorus of coughing here at my house. One or another of the kids have been fighting colds, and it just keeps going in rounds. Let's just hope that everyone won't have to visit the doctor
*Basketball nights and basketball Saturdays. Josh and Jake are on seperate teams and I am reminded why I like it when they play on the same team--half as much time! But they are both loving it and earning lots of Lego-Men for their rebounds!
**And "tick-tock the check book's locked"...Jon keeps reminding me. What's the point in going somewhere when i will just feel tempted to buy something? I probably should get out once in awhile, but then there's that two-year-old potty training issue that was mentioned earlier.
And so on and so on and so on...I just keep reminding myself that the sun is shining, and before I know it we'll be able to be outside again. This winter too shall pass!!
2 comments:
You can come and join us on the wii - thats what we do all day.
potty training is awesome. I have washed my sheets twice this week. Eli is no longer allowed to watch tv on my bed.
Post a Comment