If I have ever wondered about my boys' personalities, here it is in a nutshell.
We were working on a scouting requirement--Josh is pretty close to earning his Bear Rank. It says..." Make a carving with your pocketknife. Work with your den leader or other adult when doing this." Then goes on to instruct to carving a bear out of soap. So, since Josh couldn't do it without Jake, I got them both started.
When Jon asked how it was going, I explained like this..."Well, y'know Josh, he just wants to whack the thing down as fast as he can, with the biggest chunks as he can. And Jake, well, he'll start to work on it, and after a few minutes, he looks at his mom and says, 'Mom, can you help me with this?'". Jon had a good laugh and said that it pretty much summed up our boy's personalities.
Here's what we got out of the soap though...(with a little help from mom, and mom helping is totally legit--it even says it in that cub scout requirement)
3 comments:
You should start a business and sell them up at the cabin. They look REALLY GREAT! Hope your summer is going well. Love you all.
They do look great! Will the boys please carve me a dove soap bar for my birthday???!... or will you?? :)
Pig, Bear, whatever you want to call it! It's quite awesome I think!
Post a Comment