Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Day of School, Round 2...

Emma started preschool a few days after the big kids. She knew just what to do and where to get her picture taken. She is so excited...

Did I mention how excited she was to go to school? I took her the first couple of days--and I think she is ready and waiting in the car about 20 minutes early this day--after the first few days, the bus comes to pick her up. Thank goodness the ride isn't nearly as long as last year. She's only fallen asleep once on her way home this year; last year it was nearly every day.



Boys outnumber the girls in her class by about double. But that doesn't seem to bother Emma; there is a boy named Michael, who I'm told, can be a bit of a handful, who seems to have taken Emma under his wing. Mrs Barrand tells me that he is her protector (not that she needs one) but that he's taken quite a liking to her and that it's been a really interesting dynamic to watch.
Mrs Barrand may appear to be a little older--and she may be, but I have found that she is worth her years in gold. She knows her stuff, and Emma really likes her and the other teachers, Mrs Rose, and Mrs Shudy.


She's waving good-bye to us...ALL SMILES!

0 comments: