The butterflies were so fun to make. Bought the wings, tied the tulle on the skirts. Emma loved the sparkles and telling everyone that she was going to be a butterfly.
It turned out to be a really chilly night for trick-or-treating. We layered the girls, put their jackets on, and wings on top--so they weren't near as cute for the actual door knocking, but around the block was enough for them.
Leah didn't really like wearing the skirt and kept asking to take it off until we actually got the trick-or treating started, then she forgot about how bad it was bugging her.
This picture seriously does not do justice to how big these pillowcases are. Jake actually told me the next day that his arm was sore from carrying such a heavy pillowcase full of candy.
I got busted about two weeks ago when I found a 2 pound ziploc bag in the top of my pantry stuffed full of my kids Halloween candy that I had taken hidden from last year. Yes, I admit it, I am the mom that every night after the kids go to bed, I take about 10-15 pieces of candy out of their buckets and hide it away. Guess what--they never even noticed--they had that much candy. Well, this year, Josh and Jake have attempted to hid their huge pillowcases of candy in their bedrooms. They learned what I do with it if they leave it in the kitchen!! I'll give them a few more days and then it will start "mysteriously" disappearing....
Happy Halloween!!
1 comments:
LOVE the costumes ya did good. Michelle Elison
Post a Comment