Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Highlights of the day:
*the best of the whole day happened first...I got to sleep in!!  8:00 is about as good as it gets for me, but I will take it!
*Grandma Jeannie and Grandpa Dale were at church today, which meant I didn't have to wrestle with five kids during sacrament meeting (yes, I really meant 5--sometimes my older ones are just as bad, if not worse, than my young kids).  Grandpa Dale even got up during sacrament meeting and sat between Josh and Jake because they were having a little wrestling match on the bench.
* Emma made a cute purse card for me at pre-school.  It had some fill-in-the-blank questions, and she answered a few correctly, like my eye and hair color, and she got some not quite right when she said, "my mother is as tall as DAD." " and "she weighs about 5 pounds" . The best is that she thinks, "My mom looks best when she wears...her clothes." (italics are her answers)
*Jon made a great breakfast, and an awesome dinner.  I requested shrimp, and baked potatoes, with asparagus.  YUMM.  He was very attentive to all the details.  And we get pie for dessert!!
*Emma also brought home a cute flower from church...with things she had told her teacher about me.  she says...My mom makes the best...treats & stuff. My mom loves me because...she teaches me piano (that's news to me!) My mom is good at... getting in the shower.  (oh boy, I hope there wasn't any additional information told to an unsuspecting primary teacher here) And my mom is as beautiful as ...me!  Emma must be at that age.
*Leah thing that I rock--see above photo of what she made in Nursery.

All in all, it's been a pretty great day.  I'm sad that I don't get to call my own mother, she's in Havasupi--not in the reaches of any technology--and won't be heard from til Tuesday.
But for me, I'm one lucky MOM!

0 comments: