Monday, April 23, 2012

Germany--Day 2 continued...


So many pictures...not enough time.  Wish I could post so many more, but I have to pick and choose what to post here.  We spent a lot of time in Rothenburg--so much that we were off schedule for the rest of the day.  Which meant that we didn't get to Neuschwanstein Castle until after it had closed. Which actually meant that we had the place to ourselves.  We could still go in the main gates, just not into any of the rooms in the castle (since we had heard that we weren't missing that much, we were just fine with this) and we really enjoyed our time here.
We got to see a beautiful sunset over all those mountains--the foothills of the Alps I think they are called.  Count how many ranges there are!




Annie and Jon looking us over in the courtyard.  
I have to take these whenever I can--and document them too.  Since she will officially be a teenager this weekend, I don't know when I will get my next hug.  Miranda did ask if Annie gets excited about anything anymore--guess it just come with the age, so when we can get the genuine, sincere smiles, we'll enjoy them!! 


I don't really believe this was the best part of the castle--these boys wouldn't say that these mini slides are their favorite thing--right?  Check out the detail on that door.
Josh wasn't feeling so good this day.  He did manage to be the first one up the hill to the castle, but he wasn't too eager to come out on the bridge over a narrow, really deep, gorge for just the view of a castle.  We talked him into it for a few minutes and that was it.
We (Stacey, Mir, Annie & Jake)took turns counting our steps from the top of the castle to the beginning of the trail--guess how many? 2,913 give or take a few...it was a pretty good hike and totally worth the view!


0 comments: