Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beautiful Redfish Lake


I have been going to Redfish Lake for family vacations/reunions since before I can remember. So, not to inturrupt tradition, we have been visiting the area with our own little family; and they love it as much as I do! We just returned from our week long camping trip, ending in the Wall Family Reunion and I can honestly say that every one of us who wishes we could have stayed longer. I laughed at my sister who actually is camping for 2 whole weeks, but now we all wish we were still there with them enjoying the beach, the log jam, ice cream at the General Store, fishing, and so many other things. Some of our favorite memories from this trip include:
*riding behind Travis' boat in the tube...just a side note, the first time they got it out, Josh came running up to camp that he would never get on the tube...after some coercion, Jon got him to ride (actually by going with him) and we couldn't get Josh out after that. He actually told Travis that he was never getting out (and for those who know Josh, that is bold for him) He is probably the one person there that enjoyed a ride with everyone else.
*playing on the beach...making sand castles, using the squirt tubes that Melissa brought, and of course, catching minnows in the fishing nets.
*riding our bikes down to the the Redfish Lake Lodge, eating ice cream, or other treats, and walking out on the docks.
*This year we went to the other end of the Lake, not to jump off the cliff, but hiked to the Lily Pond Lake...which really was cool. We then hiked just a little further to the water falls, that I, in all my years of going to Redfish, had never seen. It was a great, easy hike, and the kids all enjoyed it, as well as the adults.
*feeding the squirrels/chipmunks around camp. Last year we had them eating right out of our hands, and the kids probably came close this year, but enjoyed feeding them at camp, and at the fort by throwing the peanuts close to them.
*The kids found a fort this year...actually just a little clearing in the trees, but someone had left a little swing, and there were a few big rocks to climb on. The kids built pretend fires, played on the swing, found some edible berries, and hid Trevor's Dr. Pepper's there. It was great entertainment for all the kids.
*Relaxing. Of all the things that I love about Redfish Lake, this is one I love the most, becuase it is incorporated into all the other things as well. I love that we are able to connect as a family, and extended family, at Redfish because we aren't so busy with phones, and computers and all the other daily stress in our lives. It is easy to sit back, rest, relax, visit, read, and refresh ourselves. It is refreshing to unplug, and to genuinely rekindle the love of a simpler life.
*Riding Bikes...I can't think of any better mode of transportation that riding bikes at Redfish...everywhere we go. Emma, for the most part tolerated the bike trailer. She rode patiently, but most of the time, went to sleep in it, I think as a way to forget that she was once again buckled into that "thing".

We ended our trip with our Big Wall Reunion, which is a whole other story in itself, so we will save that one for next time. Along with some fun pictures.

We missed those of you who weren't able to come this year, and look forward to another year when we can be together again. And we are grateful to those of you who were there, and the great times that we had!! Til next time!

1 comments:

Marisa said...

It looks like so much fun and definitely something your kids will never forget.

I bet Miranda is so sad she missed it this year! Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

Marisa