Do you have any of those great sayings that your kids come up with that you laugh at on a continual basis? Well, we have had a few recently...
Josh came home the other day and told me that he wants "vangs". I had the darndest time figuring out what "vangs" were. I thought he might be talking about those plastic vampire fangs that the kids like to wear at Halloween time. but that was not it and he was incredibly frustrated with me. Until he finally figured out to show me---on his head...he wants Bangs! He keeps insisting that he wants to "out grow" his hair also. Jon has tried to convince him that it just wouldn't be a good idea--considering who's hair he has--Jon's. Stick straight! It's time for hair cuts again this weekend...guess we'll see what kind of issues we have! He also let me know that he wants a shirt with a skull on it!! AAGH!!
Last Sunday I made a Hawaiin Salmon recipe that I really like. You make a crumb mixture of coconut, madacamia nuts and bread crumbs. Oh, it is so good, and I did a good job cooking it that weekend, if I do say so myself. Well, since it took Jake almost an hour to eat his couple of bites, I was reminded of the first time I made it and the conversation we had with Jake as we were trying to convince him to eat it. It went a little something like this, (and you have to imagine Jake in his angry, loud, stubborn voice);
"I don't want to eat it" (jake)
"Why, it's good and you like fish and coconut" (Jon)
"Becuase it tastes like garbage!"
"Well how do you know what garbage tastes like, have you ever eaten it?"
"NO, but if I did eat garbage...this is what it would taste like!!" (this last little bit had a bit of a scream to it as he was angry at me becuase I could barely keep a straight face as I listened to him reason with his Dad about what garbage tasted like)
Kids say the darndest things!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
He said...
Posted by Stacey at 4:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment