We've been participating in something I have termed "FREE Friday" this summer. The kids, Annie, Josh, and Jake, all signed up to do the summer reading program at the library this summer. they've done this in past years, but I haven't always been that great at redeeming the prizes. I decided it was not to be this year. If they were going to read--they were going to get the rewards (yes, I meant that as a pun!). So, on Fridays, we look at what prizes, or coupons, they have recieved for their efforts and each Friday, we go do something for FREE!! We have had FREE cinnamon rolls from Geraldine's after softball games, and we've had FREE Mcdonalds french fries (plus a little lunch from mom), the kids got to go on FREE Tauphtus park funland rides, we've had FREE ice cream or cinnamon rolls from Mrs Powell's, FREE notebooks, and we still have FREE Applebee's kids meals, FREE Sonic Ice Cream cones, and Free IHOP kids meals. I have enjoyed listening to my kids read, and watched them become more confident in their reading abilities. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed all the prizes too!
**For all of you who can't believe that Tauphtus park still has the Funland rides...they do. Annie and Josh picked that Ferris Wheel and that motor was as loud as ever. Jake picked the Merry Go Round (go figure?) and I rode with Emma too as she cried the whole time. Well that Merry Go Round, (how many years old could that thing be?) actually had a bit of a bounce to it as it went around. Is that safe?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Free Friday
Posted by Stacey at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're such a good Mom! I remember going to the funland for fieldtrips in grade school! They have that new park back behind the rides now that you should take your kids to. We went there a couple times this summer and my boys loved it. Plus, they have a skate park at Tauphtus now too - my boys love to go and watch the "big" kids do their tricks on their skateboards! It's a fun thing to do with a picnic!
Post a Comment