Well, it can be deemed a success. We didn't lose!! The car stayed together and it looked pretty cool too. Jon and I had different goals with this Pinewood Derby (notice I said Jon and I, Josh was just along for the ride--I wonder if next year will be different now that he knows what Pinewood Derby is all about?). Jon wanted the car to stay together and not fall apart on it's way down the track--win a few races? that would be good too, just as long as the car didn't take last. Me - I just wanted it to look cool. This year we accomplished both! Next year, if the derby is late enough in the month, we will have two boys competing!! Special shout out to Grandpa Maughan for all his help; He and Jon were especially attentive during the races and they had all the fastest cars scoped out after each race...you never would have believed the science that there is to Pinewood Derby!
The "cool" car. For the record...Josh and Mom cut it out, painted and decorated it. Yes, Josh actually helped cut it out too. And did almost all the sanding!
Grandpa helping to "grease" the wheels. That graphite is pretty great--but have you ever seen the mess it makes!! Scouts can't help but to have more on their hands than on their cars!!
The Pit Crew
2 comments:
I can't believe how old josh looks.... wow time flies! What a handsome little man he is growing into.
It doesn't look like a boat at all!
Post a Comment