Monday, September 20, 2010

Nice Apology...

NOT!!! My boys have a bit of an issue with taking things that don't belong to them (one boy in particular). I'm embarassed to admit it, because it shows my flaws in parenting...I don't know how to cure them of it. Anyway, found out last week that Josh and Jake had taken coins from Melissa's car while she was at our house canning peaches. It wasn't much, but I thought it would be appropriate to trying to teach a lesson; I made them write letters of apology, mail her coins back, and add a little interest out of their own pockets (really trying to reinforce a lesson). Here's Josh's letter...


It reads, spelling and all: I am sorry for stilling money from your car. Josh. PS rite back to me. and you can send a little car.

Obviously the lesson was lost as all he really cares about in this letter is Aunt Melissa writing back to him and sending him a little car like Jake's!! What's a mother to do??!!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

hahahaha.. oh man. what's a mom to do.... kids.

Moalee said...

It happens to the best of us. I'm sure he did learn a lesson, he just knows what a softie his Aunt Melissa is! She'll return her money, his intrest plus a little extra and the car!!!!!! But we love her.