It never fails...when we put up the Christmas tree, my kids always do this...
I just cannot understand what the fascination of sitting under a Christmas tree is...but they do it every year!
I really thought we were going to make it through a visit to Santa this year. Emma has been so excited. We practiced her answers to all the predictable questions. And then we got there...and I could tell she was nervous. I tried to lead out with Leah, but even she put on the brakes...when Emma started crying. (picture will be coming...)
So, once again, we have a "family" picture with Santa. When we left Santa gave Emma a little coloring book. Leah wanted one so bad...she just wouldn't get close to the guy, so from about 5 feet away, she stretched out her quivering fingers to get her own color book from Santa too. I will never forget that trembling hand.
And I bet you know what this is...
Notice the candy missing from the roof...Who doesn't have kids that pick the treats off the gingerbread house? It really is a huge temptation. I told them one week to pick and choose and nibble, and then they would be going in the garbage. But they were cute while they lasted!!
Also, lesson learned about the advent calendars. Every year, Grandma Wall gives out the chocolate advent calendars to all the grandkids. Well, I should have know that something was up one very quiet afternoon; when I found Emma and Leah, they were putting chocolate in their mouths as fast as they could, with all the torn pieces on the floor. Bad news is that they cleaned out Annie's calendar as well. Guess I have to put them up higher...
But, we're still excited to see what the rest of the season has in store for us!! Merry Christmas!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment