Today my kids got to vote in the election for President. Their votes will be tallied with other schools across the nation and they will get to see who they elected. Annie had actually asked about the candidates this weekend and we talked a little. Josh has known for weeks that he was voting for John McCain; they must have talked about it in school, becuase he never had any conversations with us about it. But Jake, not a peep, until today. He came home from school and said,
"Mom, I voted for that Rock guy today."
"For who" I asked, puzzled as to what he was even talking about.
"Y'know, that rock Obama"
Go vote tomorrow!! Annie and I got to talk about the responsibility that we have, as citizens of this country, to be active participants in our government. Most of the time I wonder what effect I could possible even have, but what it boils down to is that we have been blessed to live in this country where great men put their lives on the line to give us the freedoms that we have. I love this country!! Do we really realize how blessed we are to live here? There are many persecuted people, and women, on this earth that don't have the rights and freedoms that we enjoy, and take for granted. So, although it might not make a huge difference, it is still our right, and responsiblity to do it. VOTE!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Kids and Politics...
Posted by Stacey at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I voted!
Jake is a toe jammer and has monkey breath.
Love,
Uncle Randy
Post a Comment