Sunday, January 4, 2009

The snow is better here


We really got quite a bit of snow for Christmas this year. I kept wanting to take a little video of it coming down outside my door and posting for all of you who don't get to have a white Christmas...something to pass on the real "feeling" of a white Christmas (those of you who don't have snowy Christmas's probably aren't missing them very much). It was very pretty, and did help to enhance my enjoyment of the holiday. A big part of that was probably that I was done shopping and running errands and going anywhere, and I could just look at it outside my window.

After Christmas, we were able to go visit Island Park for a few days. We had a really, really good time. On Christmas day they recieved 32" of snow; yes, I said thirty two inches! Jon was so excited to go snowmobiling he could hardly stand it. I asked several time before we took off to make sure that we could get into the cabin, that the road, and driveway had been plowed, etc... To which he assured me that it was "taken care of". Well, wouldn't you know that when we got there, the roads were cleared, but not the driveway!! I looked at Jon, and merely shrugged, and just said, "well, I guess you better get shoveling.". That poor guy had to shovel clear from the road, to the front door of the cabin, easily 100 feet of three foot deep snow--and even deeper when he hit the drifts on the steps leading up to the front door! This was one time that I was glad to get out of shoveling, being pregnant and all. Jon tried to take Annie and Josh snowmobiling the next day, and suffice to say they weren't too impressed. Because of all the new snow, Annie and Josh mostly stood and shivered while they watched their Dad, Scott, and Grandpa dig the snowmobiles out numerous times. Jon says he'll win them over yet. I'm sure there will be more opportunities to try again.

As we left Island Park, we decided that all those Utah people didn't know what they were talking about...the "greatest snow" falls in Island Park!!

1 comments:

Megan Anderson said...

It looks like your snow definitely is better in Island Park. We can barely shovel 6 inches let alone 3 feet. We will let Jon keep shoveling!!! Looks like fun though :)