Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas ReVisited!

There were a few things that I just didn't get done at Christmas time. One that I felt extremely guilty about was the gift for my nephews. The idea was simple, the execution (on my part) was flawed. So, after a few "re-do's", we were able to deliver the finished product last night!!
I hope, I hope they like it!!


I also love, love, LOVE, English Toffee. This is because of all the time that I spent at my good friend Marisa's house while growing up. Her mother, hands down, no contest, makes the best toffee ever!! Somehow, my mom got her recipe and has been making it. And this year I vowed I would make some--but guess what...I didn't. Until yesterday. Jon has been bugging me about the 5 pounds of almonds that I had to buy and have done nothing with. So, yesterday, instead of doing the things I should be doing while my little girls were sleeping, (like now, I'm blogging instead of folding the mountain of laundry), I made toffee. And oh man, was it ever GREAT!!! I made myself sick last night becuase I ate way too much. Now, I just need to figure out who I can give it away to so that Annie and I don't eat it all ourselves!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

We love it! and you know who else does....Rosco. I find him sleeping in it all the time. We have left it in the family room because they play in and out of it all day. And I hear you on the eating too much toffee to make you sick. Yummy! Thanks so much. There is nothing better then a little christmas a little later.

Marisa said...

Stacie, I'm so glad you made Toffee! It's my favorite thing in the whole world. But I make a point to only make it once a year, otherwise I would have a problem.