I have a friend in our neighborhood that teaches piano lessons, and when she told me that they were having a recital I talked her into letting us tag along.
Annie played "Music Box Dancer"
and Josh played "Playing In the Park"
It was Josh's first recital and he admitted that he was a little nervous, but he was really great. Annie played it "cool" right up until it was her turn, but she was pretty great too.
There really has to be something said for recitals. I think we worked for a month on these songs. And there really isn't anything to compare to sitting down to a beautiful, reflective grand piano and playing something that you have worked so hard on and have it come out sounding so amazing.
I am not nearly the consistent piano teacher that I should be. I think my kids would learn a lot more and at a much faster rate if I would just bite the bullet and pay a teacher. I think I will be doing a student swap with my friend soon and I'm excited to see what my kids will really be able to do. Music is a great gift, and a great lifelong skill to have.
0 comments:
Post a Comment