Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Bright Spot in My Day


On Tuesday, I spent a good portion of my day complaining about just about everything. The cold, snowy, windy weather was a good starting point and it just went down hill from there. When I went to bed that night, I felt worse than I felt when I got up that morning. I was down, I was overwhelmed, I was depressed, and I was very tired. On Wednesday I woke up to the same kind of weather... but I decided I didn't want to feel like I did the day before. I realized that most of my problem was the way I kept complaining about anything. I remembered that complaining doesn't make things better, and it surely doesn't help me feel better; more often than not, it makes things worse because my attitude gets worse. I feel so bad for those people who put up with me on Tuesday, mostly those who I talked to on the phone, and my kids too. (Jon was the lucky one, he was in Texas). So, I resolved to do better. And Wednesday was a better day.
Now it's Thursday; once again it's snowing, cold, blowing--and there's no looking up because in Idaho, winter is still here for the long haul. But I'm trying to have a better attitude. I even found a bright spot in my day.
Last night was pack meeting and we awarded our leaders who "rose to the occasion some really pretty rosed. Lucky me, there were a few left and overnight those tight buds opened up adn they are even more beautiful today. The smell almost like Spring. What a bright spot for me today and a good reminder that there are a lot of bright spots in my day. I just need to remember to look for them.

0 comments: