Monday, April 9, 2012

London

We had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity this last month.  My sister is living in Germany, and since we didn't go visit them the first time they lived there, I insisted that we were going to go now that they are living there a second time. How could we ever pass it up?  And I am so glad we didn't.
Our trip started in London...

where we met up with my sister, her husband and her great kids.  We had so, so , so much fun with these guys--the kids were troopers everywhere we went.  My boys, and her boys were great together.


I'm not really sure what this was, but it shows the whole crew...except me--taking the picture.
We visited Buckingham Palace...the queen was in.  We knew because the flag was up.
We couldn't get the boys to stand next to this soldier.  The rules are very strict about no speaking, and no moving.  We did catch a little eye-rolling from this guy though.

 They finally got a little brave.
Jake and I went inside Westminster Abbey.  He did the "kid's trail" and earned himself a big chocolate coin that was as big as his hand.  Made it all worth it to him.  I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I saw.  There were some beautiful parts--remember Kate & William's wedding--and the Lady's Chapel was bright and colorful, and there were some neat windows, but the rest was just filled with tombs, and lots of memorials.  

 A tube pass also gets you on the red double-decker buses. 

 Tower of London...
London Bridge--or correctly--it is Tower Bridge--this is where Jon tried the "best hot chocolate in the world"  Just imagine drinking really creamy, warm, chocolate pudding.
We visited Hamley's--the world's largest toy store--or so it says...
         
You can see where my kids ended up.
No surprises here...
The closest we could get to actual royalty--

We crammed so much into 2 days--and had the time of our lives.  
Check back soon...Next up--Paris!

1 comments:

Elysha said...

That looks AMAZING! How wonderful you were all able to go and have such an exciting trip. Josh told me all about it over Easter. I was sorry that I didn't talk to you more. Have a great week!