Friday, October 1, 2010

It was a Sad, Sad Day

We all know how precious trees--and shade --are here in Idaho. they just don't grow very fast, or big, or straigh for that matter...so when we had to take our poplars out of the backyard last Saturday, it really was a very sad day.


We started with our big beautiful trees that gave us lots of shade and seperated us from our backyard neighbors...but the roots were tearing up the curbing and the fence was going to come up next...Sadly it had to be done.

I know you were thinking that those trees didn't look that big...now they do, right? Lots of thanks to Bob/Grandpa Maughan for his help in pulling the tops off in the right direction. Annie was quite worried that we were going to hit the house and cause some damage, she woudn't even let me put Leah down for her nap in her bedroom that is on the back side of the house, just in case we hit the house with the tree.




This one made me a little more nervous. We had to lay it at just the right angle, and it was a little more narrow fit than the other one. But, why should I doubt my hard-working husband? I can still hear the sound as this one came down, the heavy thud of the stump, and the crash of the tree falling over.

Check out the sawdust!!
Good thing we have lots of kids to drag all these branches to the trailer! I couldn't believe how heavy some of those branches and stumps were! And I couldn't believe that you can put a whole tree on a trailer like that...It was huge!!