Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peaches, Peaches, Everywhere


When our ward sent around the sign up for bushels of peaches this year, Jon promised that he would help me can. So with his solemn oath, I ordered twice as many last year, and pears besides. So wouldn't you know that my four boxes of peaches and two boxes of pears arrived the day before he left for Alaska. You don't have to think very hard about what I've been doing, besides surviving, since he's been gone. The peaches were finished yesterday, and we'll be starting on the pears today. thanks so much to Jillian for all her help! We actually ran out of jars, and there are none to be found for sale in Idaho Falls. I guess everyone else in this little town has the same idea. The peaches turned out so beautiful, and I know we will enjoy them all winter long. I ended up with 55 quarts, Jill has 21 and Hailey has 20. Not too shabby!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Nielson said...

96 quarts total! I am very impressed...I know about the hard work that goes into each of those jars. Not to mention the chaos that surrounds each of those jars...8 kids?
Sounds like a party. Seriously, wish I were there!

Marisa said...

OK, so I want to know how come your peaches don't all float to the top? Maybe it's because I use really light syrup? Well they look beautiful and you did more than I did, so congrats. And believe me, I know ALL about doing things without daddy around... not too much fun. We're feeling MUCH better these days!

Karla said...

Those are a work of art. You need to blow the picture up to a poster size and hang it in your kitchen :). I am so impressed with all the work.