It's been a glorious week. My kids are back in school!! I did have a list of things I wanted to do while they were taxing their brains, but haven't gotten to any of them yet...but my house is cleaner, and we even had cookies in the cookie jar (for a few days at least).
It has been interesting as I've sent a new child off to kindergarten three times now. I remember when Annie went, I was fine up until I got her there and I saw the boy with the green mohawk, and when he got in line to be in her class, I almost took her home with me. The tears only came as I walked away without her. And Josh...I didn't cry or be emotional, I was just a nervous wreck the entire first day wondering how he was doing, and if he would talk to anyone, and if he was listening to his teacher, etc. etc. etc. But Jake, man, he was so excited to get up, and he looked so grown up waiting in line for his teacher, and his friends are in his class...I bet my feet didn't touch the ground all the way back to the car just because I was so excited for him! I have been fortunate that each of my children come home and want to talk about their days and what they are learning and how wonderful their teachers are. I am so lucky to get to be here when they come home.
Jake did get to experience the early morning crash--right on schedule. By Wednesday he as tired from having to wake up in the mornings, and he crashed right in the middle of the living room floor for about 2 hours. It was way to cute; and a good reminder that my Big Kindergartner has a little boy still inside of him.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
The kids are back in school!
Posted by Stacey at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Stacey your kids are adorable! They all look so smart and ready to go.
I always love those "first day of school pictures". Very cute kids Stace! Glad you're blogging so I can see what's going on in your life. :)
Post a Comment